Carmageddon II: Come to Santa Barbara for a Car Free Getaway!
On September 29 and 30 portions of the 405 freeway will be shut down during what is being called Carmageddon II. What a great time to come to Santa Barbara Car Free and enjoy special offers!
20% Discount on Amtrak Pacific Surfliner! See this page.
- Car Free partner Hotel Oceana is offering a 15 percent off the best available rate for this time period, check out the Oceana's Carmageddon link to arrange.
- Car Free partner I Bike Santa Barbara is offering $20 off per rider on September 29 and 30. Ask for "carfree" discount or type "carfree" in the promotion box if booking online at www.ibikesantabarbara.com. Subject to availability and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Check out more COOL Car Free Discounts from all our partners on this page.
- Several local museums are participating in the Smithsonian's
Museum Day Live! program - get a ticket from
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket/ and show the ticket for
FREE admission for you and a guest on September 29 to:
What else is going on in town?
- The SOL Food Festival is September 29. Celebrate local farmers, engage in workshops and discussions, and enjoy local food, wine, and beer.
- Santa Barbara Farmers Markets
- Check out Santa Barbara Conference and Visitors Bureau Events Calendar for more ideas.
- Look to epicuresb for events starting in late September and going through the month of October.