For Santa Barbara Locals…
If you live in Santa Barbara, you know what a special place this is. You can use this site to help plan activities for guests from out of town, to find outdoor activities that will remind you why people come here for vacation, or just to get to know your community from a different perspective.
Here are a few places on this site (and others) we think can be useful for locals:
- If you have guests coming from out of town, be sure to tell
them about our special "COOL
Car Free Discounts" promotion.
- Check out the printable Walking Tour
Maps. Explore downtown's historic buildings, the Mission
and its neighborhood, downtown paseos, the harbor and shoreline
park through City College to the Douglas Family Preserve,
Stearn's Wharf, or Butterfly Beach to Coast Village Road in
- On our Bicycling page, you'll find links to bike rides ranging
from 4 to 26 miles, and locations to rent bikes if you need one.
- Browse through Boat Trips and
to help plan a day trip to the Channel Islands, the Santa Ynez
Valley wine country, and more.
- If you are entertaining visitors and looking for ideas,
check out Santa Barbara's Top Three
Attractions and How to Visit Them Car Free.
- Check out the daily, low-cost MTD bus routes serving from
Goleta to Carpinteria, and other bus services on our
Bus Around page.
- If you're planning a trip south to Los Angeles or San Diego,
or north along the coast from here to Seattle, consider Amtrak.
The train is a wonderful, stress-free way to travel. See our
for car free options for your daily commute, go to
Traffic Solutions, a project of the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments promoting and encouraging alternatives to driving alone. They can give you information on regional commuter bus services, ridesharing, bicycle commuting and more!