The northern part of Santa Barbara County is known for lush vineyards, rolling hills, beautiful farms, vibrant towns and cities, and friendly people. Cities and towns in North County include Santa Maria, Lompoc, Vandenberg Village (near Vandenberg Air Force Base), Guadalupe, Solvang, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard, and Santa Ynez.
Here are a few places on this site (and others) of interest for North County residents and visitors:
- Download bike tours inspired by the film “Sideways” from the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition website.
- Browse through Excursions & Tours to help plan a day trip to the the Santa Ynez Valley wine country, the Chumash Casino, and more.
- See the bus page for information on services between North County cities and Santa Barbara.
- If you’re planning a trip south to Los Angeles or San Diego, or north along the coast from here to Seattle, consider Amtrak. The train is a wonderful, stress-free way to travel. See our Train page.
- And for car free options for your daily commute, go to Traffic Solutions, a project of the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments promoting and encouraging alternatives to driving alone. They can give you information on regional commuter bus services, ridesharing, bicycle commuting and more!
Here are some additional links of interest:
- Buellton Visitors Bureau & Chamber of Commerce – 805-684-5479
- Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce – 805-736-4567
- Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce – 805-925-2403
- Solvang Chamber of Commerce – 805-688-0701
- Solvang Conference & Visitors Bureau – 800-468-6765
- Visit Santa Ynez Valley
- Santa Ynez Chamber of Commerce
- Santa Maria Area Transit (SMAT) – 805-349-0657
- Santa Ynez Valley Transit – 805-688-5452
- Los Olivos Business Organization (LOBO)
- Santa Barbara County Parks – 805-568-2461